Because of diabetes, many organs of the body are affected, including the eyes. Due to diabetes, the fine tubules carrying blood to the retina are damaged, so that the image of the objects on the retina cannot be made properly or at all. This problem is called diabetic retinopathy. If it is not treated at the right time, the patient may be a victim of blindness. The risk is higher for people 20 to 70 years. Initially, this disease is not known. When the eyes suffer from this disease 40 percent, then its effect seems to be visible. The longer the duration of diabetes, the likelihood of diabetic retinopathy increases. After treatment with laser technology, blindness can be reduced to 60 percent.
Damage to Blood Ducts
The disease affects the body’s insulin. This insulin transmits glucose into the body. When insulin is not formed or becomes less then glucose cannot penetrate cells and dissolves in blood. This is why sugar level increases in blood. This blood reaches all the parts of the body. When blood is continually flowing with high sugar, it can damage the blood ducts.
Weak are the Eyes of the Eyes
The blood vessels of the eyes are most fragile in the body, so they are first affected. Blood flowing through the rupture of blood vessels often gets collected around the retina, which can also make blind spots in the eyes.
Symptoms of Illness
- Increasing the number of glasses
- Repeated eye infection
- Less visible after getting up in the morning
- White or black glaucoma
- Blood veins or blood clots appear in the eye
- Retinal bleeding
- Having a headache
- Lack of sudden blindness
- Control the amount of blood sugar and cholesterol as soon as diabetes is detected.
- Normal people should have eye examinations once or twice a year.
- Those who have diabetes for 8-10 years should have eye examinations every 3 months.
If you see symptoms of pain in the eyes, dark fade, then immediately contact the doctor.